View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

The main object is to duplicate (mirror) the original functional driver side 1 1/2" roll bar and rear brace as mounted on an Everett- Morrison 427 Cobra replica built back in 1984. I do not see any way other than having the hoop formed and the other pieces notched, test fitted, tack welded, removed from car, and then finished welded. and My mission now is to acquire the parts to copy of the cross member that i bought over ten years ago from Finish Line Cobra Accessories. as closely as possible and come up with two sets of bezels and grommets - gaskets for 1 1/2" tubes. preferably with Stainless Steel bezels and the 1 1/2" holes in the gaskets- grommets. Polished aluminum is a second choice. I have some time to look for this stuff and may have to settle for less at a later time. But right now, i want this. While just supposing I may end up having two new roll bars of 2" tubing made and buy the 2" crossmembers and bezel available now. The system just seems out to get as much of my money as possible. If I had it made this way back then, it would all be paid for by now. Of coarse My address would have be on a card board box also.