View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
It is an awesome engine for sure. I respect it. So don't get me wrong, when I say it s not a practical choice to drive on the street in such a light car. Depending on what you want to do with the car, it will either be the perfect engine or too much to take on a leisurely drive and enjoy.

In any event, it definitely wins, hands down, on bragging rights. Be careful with it and enjoy.

I understand Pilots have skills and large balls, but be aware that the wheel base is much shorter than a 767. It is capable of swapping ends faster than any jet, so keep it pointed straight.
Yup, I get all that. As far as pilot skills and balls go, the whole idea there is to have and use your skills in such a way that you never need to display how big your balls are!

As for the car/engine combo, once everything is dialed in, which it isn't yet, it'll be fine. That's the primary reason for the very large displacement. The engine has crazy power on tap, but by having 520 cu in of displacement the engine doesn't have to be on the razors edge to develop it. It's not a docile smooth idler, and it does need a few more RPM's than a stock engine around town, but it's certainly not difficult or unpleasant to drive. If over time it turns out to be less pleasant to drive than I had hoped, it's a Saturday's work to slide a more docile cam into it. Hell, that might even drop the power bellow 700 HP, which should still be enough. All joking aside, I think it'll be OK, and if not that's easily fixable.

I'm well aware of the 90" wheelbase swapping ends in a blink of an eye, so I'll get into the throttle slowly as I learn the car.