View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I received a reply from The repair shop and they replied still not mentioning the local upholster in Lakewood WA they intend to work with.
The local friend of a friend upholster turned down my project. He's older and is sick and feeling it. I can see that. At first the upholster seemed as though he intended to do it, saying he wanted to get an accurate estimate and would think about it as to what materials and how. Then the my neighbor visited his upholster friend over some motor cycle seats an d tokd me that the upholster said he now didn't want to get involved in my project. I had some concerns with the plans for recreation side curtains. that I want to discuss with the upholster

The EM side curtains have a 3/8" Stainless round rod frame bent and welded to make an rigid internal frame . The EM side curtains have a thick soft foam rubber seal at the leaning front that looks to fit against the rear 1/4" thick edge of the windshield support stantion. It is also tapered inside to out as if to meet the stantion from the outside and it actually comes from the inside with the door swing.
I'm thinking a soft foam angle seal to meet the stantion from the inside and the other leaning surface at the same angle as the stantion and fit close. Then there is the zipper for the clear window material. The EM side curtains have a single zipper slider that closes to a stop at the front for ease closing while seated inside, with a dangle tab- handles, fobs inside and out When coming from the outside to enter your only want a small access to get to the inside door release handle. I'm thinking two zipper sliders both with fobs inside and outside. So I want to contact another, upholster in the S TACOMA WA area. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 07-20-2020 at 03:49 PM..