Thread: Csx 6027
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Billboards are bias ply tires technically not street legal. As such it will be a very soft drive since the sidewalls are virtually nonexistent. If you curb a tire you'd better replace it. They're good for real track use, but for street driving you're better getting the Avons. Note that there isn't anyone going to look at your tires and tell you they are not DOT approved and kick you off the road. However, come accident time, if your tires are at all involved, expect a law suit. That's just the way things are these days.

Someone offered me a low-miles set of them that he was getting rid of because they were hard to balance etc. I passed. And they were free.

My car had Goodyears, essentially the same construction as the tires that were used on the 2005-2006 Ford GT and the 2007 Shelby GT500. They weren't the best street tire as they were like hockey pucks on cold pavement and when the tires themselves were cold. Warmed up they were OK, but they are definitely a warm temperature tire.

With the Goodyears I definitely concur about some rear fender protection. Someone made some "spats" that looked cool and did the job. A couple of layers of clear bra material would also do it - the later generation films are so much better than they were 10 years ago. You might want to do the front areas too.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 07-20-2020 at 06:05 PM..