View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     

Here is my story so far:
1) Purchased my BDR Cobra #983 this past May from the original owner who had the car built by Vintage Motorsports back in 2011
2) Car has been titled and registered in Illinois for it's entire life
3) Brought into California end of May
4) Applied for registration and transfer of title at my local AAA office at end of May and paid the registration fee and applicable taxes
5) Once my local DMV office opened after months of being closed for Covid-19, I submitted my paperwork (application for title or registration AND statement of construction) to the agent and had the car verified at the DMV office. I do have all of the invoices for the body, chassis, motor and tranny, along with a copy of the MOS.
6) DMV agent filled out the "Application for Assigned VIN Plate" and told me to schedule an appointment with the local CHP field office
7) Two weeks later, I had my CHP inspection and the officer completed his portion of the "Application for Assigned VIN Plate", basically verifying the VIN plate on the car and the engine serial number.
8) Next is to go back to DMV to return the completed VIN plate form...and then see what happens from there. Still wondering as to when does the Cert of Sequence get issued? And then the BAR referee appointment.

Funny thing, I asked the CHP officer about the SB100 certification and the upcoming BAR referee inspection. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Uh boy...I'll keep you posted.[/quote]