Old 07-26-2020, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD View Post
Actually ..the best way......is to get the valve to be fully open...make a mark and turn it exactly 360 degrees....the litter will be exactly at the bottom of the lobe.
The other thing , when the engine is running, just tighten the rocker until it stops clattering and then back it off slightly...when you have done this more than a few times it becomes easy... Hence my solid litter motor runs pretty quitely. I just put stud girdles and new rockers but did not take a video....I will here soon just to show you......I must ask of you experts.....how many of you have actually built a motor from scratch....and I mean from scratch...not a short block...????
Ehh, I've built one or two....

The BEST way, is to use the EVO/IVC method. If you go by TDC, or the balancer degrees, you can end up with a valve that's starting to open if the cam is big enough.

So you adjust a solid cam by tightening the rocker until all the lash is out then you introduce a little bit of lash? Really? You're not one of those guys who builds an engine "tight" and then drags the car down the road with a tractor to try and start it, are you?