View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
According to Roush, the 358 Cup engine can make over 900 hp at 9300rpm, but the engine needs to idle at 2500 rpm.

Now is that a street engine?

No doubt, a fantastic engine, but completely useless in a street/occasional race car.

Thanks Gary, that adds additional texture to the investigation. If we use the Roush supplied data the engine torque is

(900 HP * 5252) / 9300 = 508 ft/lbs of TQ at the flywheel

If we use a conservative 15% powertrain loss, the Rear Wheel Torque comes out to 432 ft/lbs of torque — best case. This is essentially the middle of where most of us are, if not a bit below the middle for a typical Club Cobra enthusiast. Curiously none of us have experienced the OP's mechanical failure woes.

It is increasingly apparent the OP was a BS artist and like Rick (olddog) so eloquently put it, began slandering a well respected replica manufacturer without any evidence of the manufacturer causing or being the cause of the failure

I am more than ever convinced this guy or perhaps the previous owner abused the car, never maintained it and then the new owner (this guy) continued the abuse again without maintenance or even inspection prior to operation until mechanical failure occurred.

I seriously doubt there ever was a FR9 engine anywhere near the car. As Gary indicated, Roush's engine specs show the engine idling around 2500 rpm and as he so accurately pointed out this doesn't work well or otherwise for a non race car.

This was the OP's PM to me;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Guru
NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD ON THE BLOG BY SHOOTING PEOPLE DOWN DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
YES I HAVE 900+HP
1/4 mile sub 10
Top speed 208.

https://roushyates.com/engines/ford-fr9-carb/
All his claims appear to have been fabricated. I find the 208 mph claim particularly interesting. I have never seen a 9 second drag car trap at 208 mph so that means the 208 mph has to be some sort of closed circuit performance. If I am not mistaken 208 mph in a Superformance Cobra is either the fastest or second fastest Cobra in the world.

I doubt this performance ever occurred. With a rear diff mount so badly damaged there is no way that car could even come near that sort of performance. I doubt he could get much past 100 mph, if that fast, without mechanical failure and serious on track vehicle control issues.

I call BS on all his posted facts and claims. I also seriously doubt he has even one, let alone two FR9 engines.

You and Gary were kind, Rick.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 07-26-2020 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar