Old 07-30-2020, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Slabside BRG 289
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Hi,

It is important not only to show the good things that you have done, but also the bad. While at Lime Rock Park last week I was experimenting with the track, trying to get familiar with it and trying new lines. I was coming into Big Bend, turn 1, and new that the closest cars to me were several hundred yards behind. so, I came in a little faster and deeper then previously and rather than smoothly engage the brakes, I stabbed them. This video will show how quickly things can go wrong with these cars. I just about broke my right thumb fighting the skid and once I had the car pointing straight I took it off into the grass to get out of the way of any oncoming cars. The curb to the inside is quite high and upended the car some when the tires hit it.

It is also probable hat I did not blip the throttle when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, as when listening to the video I do not hear a little rise in the rpms while I am downshifting. That would also explain why the rear locked up as well.

Watch and learn. People on this site are not kidding when we say that these cars can switch ends in a hurry.

https://youtu.be/C7587fT5j18

Jim
So right and fortunate. Light weight and high power, It all happens too fast.

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

Last edited by desgros@vtlink.; 07-30-2020 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: spelling