View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Have you checked all you connection at the alternator, alt gage, starter relay, etc to be sure they are good and snug tight? I bring this up only because I somehow managed to catch the ring terminal on the big red wire to the alternator on the lip of the insulator when I made my connection. The plastic insulator eventually gave way leaving the ring connector on the post but very loose. I noticed my gage starting to act jumpy. I looked around under the hood and spotted that a couple inches of the red wires insulation was melted along with the insulator on the case post and in general it looked like an arc welder had been struck in there a few times. I had to get a new red wire from ERA and open up the harness to replace it and re-wrap it. Also needed a new alternator as the insulation around the case post was all melted.

Very long shot for you to find something similar but thought I would mention it.

Last edited by DanEC; 08-02-2020 at 08:45 AM..