Old 08-07-2020, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII, 427/SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
Rob,

I am a retired NJ Trooper and use to work up in you area in the late 70's. I have a 2014 Backdraft with a Roush 427r. When I purchased the car 2 years ago, used, I titled it in NJ as a 1966 Replica. I did not build it. It's factory built. There was no hassle plus because the previous owner titled it the same way, It's exempt from inspection. I have a letter from DMV stating as such. Mr. Mustang is correct about trying to pull any nonsense with the car. The SP has seen it all. Skip all the collector, historic stuff and do it as a regular car. The biggest issues I have seen with titling regardless of what make it is has been bringing them in from another State, how the car was titled there and the inspection process you have to go through here. Good luck

Fred
Thanks, Fred. I have a number of friends who are current or retired NJSP and I've heard a lot of the nonsense people try to pull over on the state, trying to avoid paying taxes and the like. I just want a legit registration with no hassles, but don't mind jumping through a few hoops to make sure it's done right. Your responses here have me feeling less anxious about getting this done and I appreciate the feedback.