View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 01:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VMS BDR - 5.0 Aluminator - Whipplecharged
Not Ranked     
Default Vintage Motorsports Mayhem - Pocono Speedway Roll Racing

Hi all - I've not been on here in a while, but I always remember coming here when deciding to purchase, build and trouble shoot. Because of that, I thought I should come back to post some positive things while most of us (including me) are dealing with the whole CV-19 fiasco.

To that point, here are two videos of my VMS built Backdraft Racing Cobra at a recent event at Pocono Speedway. HUGE shout out to Jay (Cashburn here) and Brian Linke from VMS for an incredibly built Cobra that has been pushed really HARD with very few issues (all my fault ).

The DA was around 4000 and it was 90* humidity. The race is set up as a 1760ft roll race. To give you a sense of mph, the highest mph at this event has been 214 mph by a UGR Aventador putting about 2300 awhp to the ground. The next event is September 5th with tickets going on sale this week - racemotive.com (I have no affiliation or skin in the game for them). I mention it because I'd love to see more Cobras out there having a blast.

I hope all you newbies and veterans are doing well.

First race against my friend with a Porsche 911 Turbo S (tuned with some bolt ons - don't know the awhp)

Second race with my friend as the passenger hitting my highest mph to date (164 mph bouncing of the limiter in 4th for a good period of time). I'll get faster both without the passenger and some driver mod practice.