View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Don’t know if you have ever driven a C2 Corvette (which I also own). Seating position is a little different with the seat a little higher off the floor in the C2. Shoulder room is a bit tighter in the C2, but leg room in my ERA is much greater. I did forgo adjustable seat tracks and mount my seat directly to the floor but it is still an inch or two forward of the rear bulkhead. I have to extend my left leg almost fully to depress the clutch to the end of its travel and I’m somewhere between 6’2” and 6’1” (40 years jogging has knocked a bit off). In contrast with the C2 with the seat fully back and even tilted back a little, I have to drive with my knees bent considerably and getting my foot up on the clutch requires drawing my knee up a lot - and yes, the clutch pedal bumper is not only there but I’ve even padded it a bit more to drop the pedal some. It feels much tighter than the ERA because of this.