View Single Post
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2020, 11:50 AM
twobjshelbys's Avatar
twobjshelbys twobjshelbys is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Posts: 3,961
Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by mabbott74 View Post
The car was running, inspected and titled in TN. It has been partially disassembled for paint. He has the MCO and it is titled as follows -

Year: 1965
Make: COBR
Model: ROA
Body Type: 2D

It also list Previous Title NO: MSO

I've spoken with NC DMV Tag Office and the License and Theft Bureau. I've talked with a few different people and have received at least that many different answers. It may be as simple as having it titled in my name and having the VIN inspected to having two appraisals of the car, posting a bond for the title and having a new VIN assigned. Hopefully the people I work with are in a good mood that day.
So the vehicle was complete at one point but is now inoperable and you want to get title work done in this condition. So in both CO and NV when bringing in a vehicle on an out of state title we had to have a VIN verification. In CO we could bring it to an emissions inspection station or we could have any law enforcement officer do it. I was on the town board and we contracted with the county for police so the assigned county sheriff wanted to see the car so he came to the house and did the form. Since it's not driveable you might check with your local PD to see if they will "make a house call"... But if you have to go through a VIN reassignment because it's "special construction" you'll probably have to wait until it's put back together.

I think you're partially right about finding someone in a good mood.

Good luck...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links