View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Until a few hours ago I thought I had it almost planed out. I had not taken anything apart yet. The steering wheel has three flat chromed spokes coming in from the outer rim. those three spokes each have two screws connecting them to the black plastic hub The six screws and an empty hole at the top form an almost equidistance pattern for seven. The hub, steering wheel , horn button and black foam rubber surround all have to go to continue this phantasy of mine. I was sure I had a fancy wooden rimmed steering wheel but no one ever saw it with the leather cover. It is or was a 15"OD steering wheel so now I'm looking for 15" OD steering wheel with no off set, six bolt pattern with no off set, horn button or emblem center. A Cobra center emblem would be a find. But I did find that the Triumph column has a 3/4" OD shaft and a 48 spline held on with washer a nd nut.. The bit and pieces of information come from unusual places. I found that bit when checking the steering wheel hub specs. No off set now has the back of the steering wheel clearing the cowl by 1 3/4". The 15" OD fits with my door. So now I've changed directions an have to acquire a new steering wheel (and horn) to continue.