View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
If you have big shoulders and arms you may want to try to find one to sit in. The top of door does come in pretty tight on these cars. Some who have built FFR cars (and maybe others) have actually cut and removed a bit of the roll in at the top of the door to get more upper body room. ERA will adjust the pedal spacing at your request but there's no way around that it's not roomy down there. I wear a 13M and even with my pedals spaced as far apart as they will go - I wear a set of sneakers that the soles are cut narrow and don't stick out from the upper of the shoe. Other shoes seem to catch the side of the soles on the pedals. You may want to consider a quick disconnect steering wheel too. Patrickt is all-knowing on ERA quick disconnect steering wheels and custom adjustments for fit in the cockpit.
Good info as I do have wide broad shoulders and arms, never thought of that aspect when coming to fitting. again if I could find someone with an ERA/SPf near me in southeastern PA I'd ask to sit in one. I found a SPF for sale at a high end dealership about 1.5hrs from me, I may have to make a road trip to sit in it. I hate acting like im going to buy it to do it but that one is new and out of my price range.