View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I have a 9" Ford rear axle, with an adjustable four link. I rebuilt the center section and have good clutches. If I want to, I can roll into the throttle and smoke the tires, for as long as I want, and the car goes straight. That is assuming you were going straight before braking the tires loose, and the road has the same surface for both tires. If it does start sideways you have to catch it without over-steering, before the tail is more than a couple inches out. In other words, almost instant reaction time with perfect steering. So few are capable of this, it is best to get out of the throttle instantly when you loose traction.

That all said, other than proving what the car car do, I have zero interest in melting tires. I haven't done it in years. I have ran on an autocross track a couple of times, and that is the most fun you can have with your clothes on (well honestly more fun than your clothes off too, cause I can autocross for hours with lots of people ). A hundred times more fun than burning tires up.