View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C Henry View Post
Now looking for a good 15" OD steering wheel . 6 hole center with little or no off set= dish.

If you ignore the drifting wheel offsets which are over 3" (and small diameter) you will come down to a choice between two offsets neither of which is zero. Most manufacturers offer a 2.5"/ 2.75" offset which is their deep offering. The second offset is a 1.5" / 1.75" (or so, they seem to move around a bit) which approximates our original steering wheels. I have yet to find a zero offset wheel with the Moto Lita look our cars came with

The two Cobra look similar wheels In my post #27 above are likely the closest you are going to get to your desired wheel geometry. That said, other than the time consumed, there is always the chance additional searching could turn up something for you.

Quote:
... And as usual I want a horn kit with a Cobra logo button Cobra traditional look is desired but then again ?
This does not exist. If you want it you will either have to make it yourself or pay someone to make it for you.

Quote:
The Old steering wheel was leather covered, I may do that again. But this quest must go on, I need the access that the quick release hub will afford. ...
The other guaranteed it works fix is to buy the entire steering column, QR and wheel from the ERA elves. It is by far the most elegant of the solutions. It is also the priciest — but very high quality.

If you do not use the ERA solution, it is not clear another off the shelf alternative exists which will bring you back to the fabrication table or paying someone else to do the fabrication work for you. Franky I don't think you can improve upon the ERA solution — at least today.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.