View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod46 View Post
I will throw my 2 cents in even though I don't currently own a Cobra. However, I am using SVO rear brakes on my current project on my own custom made brackets. The SVO calipers are the same as regular GT parts, but the pads are thinner to fit over the vented SVO rotors.

This info may still not help since you list the rotor OD as 10.125. SVO rotors are around 10.625. Have you tried actual SVO pads?
Yes I did. They are 2/3 the length they needed to be to reach the capture steps in the caliper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
You've probably sorted this out already, but calipers with integral parking brakes need to be rotated while being pushed back in order to retract them without damaging the parking brake mechanism. I discovered that when I bought a disc brake conversion kit with GM calipers for my car. When I got it I worked the parking brake actuation lever on the caliper a couple of times before installing it, then had to deal with how to retract the pistons in order to actually install the things. There were no instructions in the kit on how to actually do that and, not being a 'GM guy', I needed help from the Internet to figure it out.

I bought a kit from Amazon that fits most makes and models. Money well spent, though you may well be able to borrow or rent one from many parts stores - especially if you're buying brake pads.
No, I have not sorted it out yet. I work Monday through Thursday and only have the weekends to work on the car. It is 45 minutes from the house to the shop where the car is, but attacking the piston retraction is the next step to try. The engine (block and rotation assembly) are scheduled to arrive next week, so I really need to get sorted out this weekend to have any shot at making San Marcos with the car.

Last edited by Skuzzy; 08-20-2020 at 04:56 AM..