View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys - the only conscious thoughts I remember having were the rollbar and my head and the power poles that lined the road. i only assume that I grabbed the steering wheel hard and braced forward, but I don't remember consciously doing it. Earlier on while I wrestled to pull back onto the road and regain control, I did think about trying to avoid oncoming traffic above all else.

I always found the Cobra to be fairly smooth and predictable up to the limit, but once it lets go, the movements become very quick and violent. I've driven on icy roads for years in Canada and spent a lot of time pushing the Cobra and other cars to their limits in open, controlled areas and I consider myself pretty competent at car control; but once that Cobra let go that day, after a couple of attempted corrections, I became a passenger along for a short, wild ride with a hard stop at the end. Still happy to talk about it today with nothing more to show for it than a bony lump on my left shoulder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...