View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

JRJBDR,
I posted my experience in registering my BDR a few years back. As following:

I recently purchased a new Backdraft Cobra out-of-state. Getting Title and Registration with Historic Plates was rather straightforward at the Scottsdale DMV. I drove the vehicle from my home directly to the Class 1 Inspection Area at the DMV. (I had a 15 day temporary out-of-state license.) The inspection took just a few minutes with the inspector confirming the mileage and the VIN and very little else. I then proceeded to the main office and awaited my turn to meet with a DMV rep. I had an ADOT Title and Registration Application Form filled out (Make-Roadster, Body Style-Convertible, Year-1965, Model- Cobra). (Application Form readily available on the ADOT website). I also had my out-of-state Title (titled as a 1965 Cobra Roadster--an MCO-Manufacturers Certification of Origin--would have also worked), Proof of Insurance, and Final Sales Receipt. I asked for Historic Plates. No questions asked. I did pay for two years registration at a cost of $35.25 per year and I had to pay AZ State Tax as the purchase out-of-state involved no tax payment. All accomplished within a two hour period on a Thursday morning. I hope this helps those seeking Title and Registration in the future.

You can search "Arizona Registration" and get more info.