View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No, no, no; not talking about neglect requiring maintenance. It's about modifying to make things better.. and doing it yourself because either ERA didn't offer the upgraded system, or it wasn't chosen as the benefits weren't apparent to me as I had never driven one stock, or at all for that matter. It's very satisfying to improve the car, especially when it was well designed from the start. (a compliment to Bob P. here).

Back to the brakes. Maybe I can lock the wheels, but it doesn't feel like I should. Back in the day ERA recommended DOT 5 which I still use. So instead of a rock hard pedal, I get one that feels like if I press harder I'm bending something. It's just that DOT 5 is slightly compressible. No air in the system either. But it's a weird feeling that's hard to get used to.

They no longer recommend it, but I will say I havn't had any seal problems with it.

There was a thread, about 10 years ago or more, where the OP was worried because one front wheel locked before the other. So he could lock the wheels, but I'm not sure what braking system he had. I was surprised about his problem though.