View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I still have not spent any money on the steering yet. My computer crashed and had to buy another CPU. My situation is the Triumph steering column and steering wheel have the turn signal and head lamp dimmer switches. The steering wheel is flat (no dish) the wheel has three spokes that bolt to the black plastic splined hub. They go together. The present steering wheel is about 15" across with the padded leather cover. The back of the steering wheel misses the cowl by 1 3/4" which works out for me. I'm shopping for replacement steering wheels most racing leather covered wheel are 14" or smaller the "Flash Power" steering wheels are the pretty wooden riveted to aluminum wheels the flat (no dish) wheels are for Triumph and Jag are all 9 bolt centers. I can buy an adapter that the 9 bolt wheel blots to and then will bolt to the 6 bolt pattern I need for the Quick Release Hub. The spacer adds a 1/2" height to the wheel, I can live with that. The " Flash Power" wheel and adapter are about half what the 13 7/8" OMP leather covered racing steering wheel cost. The "Flash Power" riveted wooden wheels I'm concerned with are the 14" and 15 " still not padded or leather covered. Thoughts?