View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

It may well be easier and less expensive to replace your entire steering column with one that is more 'friendly' to work with. While anything can be made to do almost anything, the time, effort and cost can frequently argue against the adventure, There are any number of columns that could be more friendly / easier to use including the excellent ERA product like Patrick has, that comes with the QR already installed.

I am not familiar with the EM hub that your steering wheel bolts to so that hub may not provide you the clearance you need to machine for using the NRG style short adapter. If it does, then the least expensive route is the explanation I gave earlier in this thread.

To the extent you have the room available machine the hub to allow the use of a shallow dish wheel. They are much more common than the flat wheels (and some say look better).

The FlashPower original appearance wheels and to my knowledge other available original appearance wheels will all come with the skinny grip because that is what the original wheels had. Fat grip wheels are fairly common in 14" diameters and possibly 15" diameters, although I can not recall seeing the 15 inch variety — but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.