View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I looked it up and it is a family name that until recently made a steering gear that was primarily used on sprint cars The main column and shaft was in front of the driver but just short distance down from the steering wheel the actual steering gear was mounted to the steering column and a right angle shaft with the pitman arm went through the side of the car to move the long drag link forward and back to steer the front wheels. the steering shaft wheel adapter looked as it had a woodruff key and slot. They were supposed to be really tuff and lasted forever, so demand fell off and the family company decided to just stop production in 2017 My burn was with Ididit they didn't say anything other that the sprint car part. when I asked what was a schroeder? They have a great company history story and I really liked the dead spline thing about their Quick Release Hubs but their catalog has small pictures , hardly any spec stuff. and they answer like it's a national secret I'd like" Just the facts mam"