View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

I connected the white wire from my MSD 6al to a toggle switch mounted on the dashboard, easily accesible in an emergency . The kill switch looks the same as the other toggle switches and no switches are marked as to their function, hidden in plain sight. If you want to go all James Bond stealthy with the switch, use a magnetically actuated reed switch. I did this on a truck I had when I worked in a bad part of town. I mounted the reed switch behind the head liner which controlled a relay that killed power to the electric fuel pump. The magnet was hidden in the driver sun visor. When the sun visor was up against the headliner it would actuate the reed switch, killing the fuel pump. So, if the truck was hot wired it would start and then die when the fuel in the system was depleated due to the fuel pump kill switch rendering the pump inoperable. The sun visor/headliner location would not work in a Cobra, you would have to locate it some other place. The bottom line is, have sufficient insurance to replace the Cobra if it is stolen. If someone really wants to steal it you probably can't do anything to stop them.