View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappyj_NC View Post
Hey guys, my name is Jeff and I'm new in every way regarding Cobras. I plan to buy/build in the next 5 years, so I'm in the initial stages of developing a plan and collecting information. My wife and I live in Cary and also have a place in S. Asheville, with plans to build on some land that we bought in Pisgah Forest, NC (near Brevard). I'll want one that can be enjoyed in tight mountain roads, the Blue Ridge Parkway and other scenic areas in WNC. So, right now I'm just looking for learning opportunities, making friends, checking out garage setups (since I need to build a workshop/garage) checking out member's rides and putting together a list of lessons learned. It would also be a sweet bonus if someone in the area is doing a build and wants a spare set of hands or doesn't mind me peeking over their shoulder or helping in any way.

Anyway, thanks for reading and at some point I'll post my plan and what I end up buying/building
Welcome Jeff. Planning to build in the next 5 years is....a good plan! I say that as you admit that you're "new in every way regarding Cobras". The best thing you can do is glean as much information as you can from this forum. Read as much about builds as you can. If you don't know where to find them, ask. If you want to find build threads on something specific, for example the far less common 427 street roadsters or 289 slabsides, we can point you in the right direction. Collect pictures of cars that you like, features of cars that you like, details regarding gearboxes, engines, dash layouts....anything that you like (or even dislike, so that you can remind yourself that "I don't want to do that"). Take it all in and you will slowly work out what you want when you finally start building. You will save cash in the long run!
Also ask questions here. Use the search function for details that might interest you. No questions are too dumb to ask.

We are here to help!

Cheers,
Glen