View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 428
Not Ranked     

Mike,

My EM frame was manufactured in 93 and the body in 95. I bought their polished SS roll bar in 95. It is interesting that yours and mine have different OD's, but I am not surprised. The information I provided in my post came from a SS tubing chart, which matches the OD of my roll bar. I would assume that since we both have EM cars, that the mounting of the roll bars would be identical. My hoop bolts to a piece of tube steel that is bolted to the frame on both sides of the frame and the rear brace bolts directly to the frame. My roll bar is taller that my head for protection and is track approved according the EM when I visited the shop in Tampa.
Things have not been the same since the sale and move to Texas, but then again, a lot has changed since the 90's for the replica business.
It sounds like the 2" cross brace will work fine for my roll bar as long as I can find the rubber to match.
Thanks for your response - it's nice to talk to another EM owner.
It's a shame that Buford, Brett, and Bruce chose to sell, I think their product is still one of the best on the road.
Martin