View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 04:34 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2013, Roush 392
Not Ranked     

I repaired road rash to the original installed windshield using Safelite for years ….. Ray is a true professional craftsman. Then I caught a piece of road debris one afternoon and it total destroyed the frame and original windshield. The factory replacement frame/windshield installation was done by a team not burdened with the knowledge/skillset of cobras. Long story short the replacement windshield was likely installed in a bind/tweaked. The glass cracked in multiple areas after the first rock strike.

Interesting enough I also choose the Cobra Valley option this time around. A few thousand miles and smiles later.... well I still need a state inspection sticker but I can’t tell it’s not real glass by looking at it. I will ask the inspector to stick the state inspection sticker to a piece of cell phone screen protector glass and stick that to the windshield. Sticking the inspection directly on the windshield would be fine until someone uses a razorblade to scrape it off when its time to replace the inspection sticker.