View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #347
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I'm not so sure I agree. That chassis looks to me like a well triangulated space frame design that has had at least a degree of thought and engineering put into its construction.
It definitely is not a basic hot rod square tube ladder frame that most Cobra bodies are slapped on top of.
If it is one of Bennett's products, and it's not in too bad condition, it might be very much worth the effort to restore, if not from a return-on-investment POV, just for the joy of owning/driving a solid, well engineered Cobra. The extra wide wheels/tires well tucked under the body really look like Bennett's work, and the only reservation I have is the fitment of the live axle rear suspension. Maybe it's an owner-built car based on a basic body/chassis kit from a high quality, low volume builder like Bennett.
Perhaps I'm the optimist but I agree. The frame looks well braced and light weight. Not as robust as the Bennett but this cars looks to be built for track duty from underneath. I see the backbone along the tunnel and also adjustable suspension pick-ups. I see big brakes to go with the huge tires too. It would be nice to see the top-side and get an idea of what's going on with cockpit safety etc.