View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxfishrman View Post
Thank you for replying. Thought I would get a great response.

If you paid 46k and your build is 7 years newer I wonder what the estimated depreciation is for a 2004 car with 9,000 miles. Hard to value these cars it seems.

How do you like the 392 and TKO500? Are you happy with your build and car? I posted two photos of the car I am looking at.
EXTREEEEEEMLY happy with my BDR. BDR builds a quality car and I have been very pleased with the performance and attention to detail. The 392 works respectfully well and with the 430HP, that's a lot of 'oooomph' for a 2300 lb car. I have the T5 tranny and the shifting is very smooth.

My ONLY complaint about the car is the 9qt oil pan. It sits very low, affording me only 2 1/2" of ground clearance. I've already scraped it twice which resulted in small holes both times. I'm in the process of swapping out the pan with a smaller volume pan that will give me an additional 1 1/2" of ground clearance

Have you had the opportunity to test drive a Cobra yet? It is definitely a different driving experience - stiff ride, unlike a luxury sports car. But it is fun as hell. And the attention these cars get is unbelievable. Thumbs up everywhere I go.

I would hesitate to estimate as to what the car you are looking at is worth, but it appears to have been well maintained. What is the seller asking?

Apologies for the sideways photo. Everytime I upload a photo, it gets rotated.
Attached Images