View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Older Backdraft Value

Sounds like we have kissing cousin Backdraft. Mind is a 2005 and #329. Purchased in two years ago with 3,600 miles from original owner.

He priced based on what he paid for it 13 years prior and his fun factor. Think he paid $40K new and I purchased for $42K.

I was told by a Backdraft expert that if I did not like the car, "I would not get hurt if turned it around on a quick sale." My expert who is in the Cobra business just sold a low 200 Backdraft for $47K and it was really nice.

So I would say a good price from an individual would be $40K to $45K would be a fair price.

The only problem I had with the car was from the get go- and that was tires were original and needed replacing. One of the knockoffs would not come off and everything was tried. The final solution was cutting the wheel off and purchasing a new set from Vintage Wheels.

My suggestion- assuming the car you are looking at has true pin drive wheels, see if wheels come off before purchase and if not, discount for a new set of wheels.

People told me I would sell the Cobra after a year or two but have no intentions of doing so. It is my favorite fun car of all time.