View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Ed - I've never been much of a political / politics guys, but this experience has opened my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
Redfish's registration woes are an excellent case in point about why it is important to be both aware and minimally involved, at least up to the point of voting on policy, political office and governance issues where you live. If you do not and the guys with the opposing political values do, you will eventually be in trouble.

Once you are in trouble the effort to reverse political momentum is much greater than the original effort to continue steering the city / state governance before 'it got out of the groove.'

Continued mis-management of the governance of a society results in profound changes to the safety (Seattle & Portland) and quality of life (NY, San Francisco and L.A.) that the residents experience and eventually to the society (Venezuela).

All free societies eventually get the kind of governance they deserve, either by making good choices or not so good choices. When you start to experience the sorts of things that you are experiencing in Connecticut you have two choices. Either hunker down and attempt to steer the car back onto the race course (work for political change) or get out of the race at that track and go to a different track (move to a different state).

If you choose the later it is to your advantage not to polute your new home with the same bad decisions that caused you to leave your old home.

Ed

If you live in Connecticut, you need to read this thread on registration and taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/regi...re-beware.html