View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
I never ever said a CSX came with a Chevy! I said AC Cars Ltd. made at least two Cobras with Chevy engines as stated in a few different books by Brian Leban , Ian Stent , David Fetherston, Jim Youngs, Steve Temple and as told to me by a Shelby mechanic who later went on to make replicas. And although I cannot seem to get any pics to transfer on here I have text you just one article about Chevy in an AC and about the New AC Cars Ltd (what ever that is ) and how they use the Chevy LS engine. Again you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting!
Ok I'm a bit skeptical here. Shelby American registered the trade mark name "Cobra." AC Cars never owned the trade mark "Cobra." Ford later purchased the "Cobra" trade mark name and used it for many years in various ways.

AC Cars Ltd. after being bankrupt and sold made some cars after the originals were made, but just how could they have used the trade marked name "Cobra?" Even if they did stick a Chevy or any other engine in them they are not a "Cobra." In my mind you can authentically call them an AC, but unless Shelby American or Ford authorized AC to call the car a Cobra, it is not a Cobra. So in my opinion this whole Chevy engine in a Cobra claim is just a big fuss about nothing important.