View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcobra15 View Post
Very good info, Paul -- reminder: I have the Tilton hydraulic TOB, so no slave cylinder or clutch lever arm I"ll confirm which M/C I have tomorrow night when i get back home.
Paul, I finally got under the cobra to check the MC size. Wilwood Compact Remote Reservoir Master Cylinder .750" bore:

https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...temno=260-6089

The other sizes available are .700 and .625 bore. So can I go down to move more fluid to the Tilton HTOB.

I inspected the HTOB and didnt see any leakage. I does look very close to the clutch forks, although I could rotate the bearing by hand. I know the forks will move closer to the TOB as the clutch disk wears thinner, but I don't think its a problem. I certainly don't have any slippage.

This is Saturday I will get the wife to depress the clutch so I can attempt to measure the movement distance of the HTOB.

Lastly, ironically, I drove it 200 miles last weekend and didn't have any problem shifting into first. Most of it was highway driving, but still didn't have a problem when I stopped. Its very erratic, this behavior.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!

Last edited by bwcobra15; 10-01-2020 at 06:41 PM..