View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProe View Post
Bobby
Going down is going the wrong direction. The smaller puck will move LESS fluid with the same amount of movement.

According to the Tilton installation page (https://tiltonracing.com/wp-content/...ies-HRB-V2.pdf) According to their page, 3/4" would work if you get about 1.3" of cylinder movement. Which I suspect you are not, especially since you lengthened the pedal. You probably should be looking at a 13/16" cylinder and figuring out how to modify your pedal lengths and stops so you are getting 1-1/4" of cylinder puck movement.

Paul

Paul,

This weekend I was able to get the wife to work the pedal while I attempted to get hands, tape measure and iPhone all up in there while laying on the driveway for some rough measurements ...

at rest it shows about 1-3/4", and with the pedal fully depressed it shows 2-3/8" - for a total movement of about 5/8" (0.625").

The thing is: when I am driving from a stop, if I have the clutch FULLY pressed in, (and i'm guessing by "feel") when i slowly release, the pedal probably moves two-thirds of the full range before the clutch begins to engage and the car starts to move. So it seems to me the clutch is fully releasing.

AND - I dont think there is a larger Wilwood M/C than .750 in the style I'm using. Actually I found another model that is similar, in 13/16", but with a shorter stroke (1.25" vs. 1.40")
https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...emno=260-15092

Anyway, i'm leaving in 33 hours for San Marcos - 252 miles each way - with hundreds of hill country miles in between. Hope it behaves !

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!

Last edited by bwcobra15; 10-06-2020 at 08:08 AM..