View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

While I don't have a BDR, the 255 x 60 x 15 fronts do a very nice job of filling up the front wheel well on an SPF and give the car an excellent look and stance.

Depending on how torquey your engine is down low, you might want to get the biggest tires you can fit in the back. Back tires tend to be consumables (as I suspect you have long known) so sticky consumables are better than not so sticky consumables.

While not the stickiest this tire is still a good compromise between sticky, handling and some tire life on the street. The tire is the Nitto NT555R 325 x 50 x 15 rear tire. Jegs has them for $213 right now which is a pretty good buy. Here is a link to the tire on Jegs; click here => Nitto NT555R

As you work through your tire alternatives you might find this comparative tire sizing tool helpful for comparing the various alternatives available to you, click here => Tire Sizing Comparator

Of course the Second Strike Gearing Calculator is replica brand independent and is quite helpful in noodling out ring and pinion choices with tire sizes showing you what it means when you are driving down the highway or around town. Here is a link to the calculator, click here=> Second Strike Gearing Calculator.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 10-09-2020 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: Fix broken link