View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Perhaps simply suggesting the owner should reach down and grab the joint and pull on it to see how much movement there is and report back would put the question to rest if he need additional support? He says the”top end” is loose.... that leads me to believe the problem is in the shaft between the steering wheel and the exit into the engine compartment. If that is indeed a splattering of welding I seen on the joint, there must have been and earlier issue for it to be put there as a repair. But like so many, he appears to have vanished after asking for help?
To me it looks like a splined universal with a profiled rod pushed into it and a splattering of weld to hold it together. I see no locking bolt on that joint either.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 10-14-2020 at 06:18 AM..