View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Title

I registered a Backdraft #359 about two years ago in Texas. It had standard Texas registration where he was paying for "lick and stick" safety and emission test annually. The car has a 392 Ford Crate Racing motor with no OBD II port. For this reason, it should have never passed inspection and a reputable and honest inspection station should have rejected.

My title has Year 2005, Make of Vehicle ASVE, Body Style CV and under remarks Replica: (1965 RDST).

I went with Custom Vehicle registration that means annual registration but NO inspections.

The issue with obtaining a Custom Vehicle registration is finding that ASE Master Mechanic for the VRF 852 (think that is the form) inspection. So many mechanics and shops say they have one but that cannot provide the evidence that the State of Texas requires. Did find one on Louetta in Houston. Think it was Fleet America, the place with the BIG American flag outside.

Like someone mentioned, Texas can be a "crap shoot" what they do with registration. Custom Vehicle is what you want without a doubt to avoid the annual safety and emission that the car should never pass.

Good luck.