View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM-0785 View Post
The history section of that 2nd video belongs in a museum. Very well done Susan, thanks for sharing! A very well concieved and well loved Cobra there. Best of luck with everything! Brent
It is... Volk is the principal at the Shelby American Collection in Boulder.

He has lots of stuff like this.

She seems familiar and I think has been at the fundraiser and featured in her "Shelby Stories" that they always have.

For you newbies the Shelby American Collection is THE BEST collection of Cobras and GT40s on the planet. SAC and Millers museum in Salt Lake traded stock back and forth to keep both collections "fresh", but since Larry Miller's passing and the family's closing of the track/museum, most of Miller's most famous Shelby cars are now in Boulder. The last time I was there (Sep, 2019) they had 5 GT40s (more in one location than any place on earth). Also Shelby's original first Cobra, CSX2000. And lots of other race pedigreed Cobras. If you're ever in the Denver area make sure you plan your Saturday (their only open day, 10-4) for a trip to this place. Spend a few hours looking at the cars, then take lunch, come back and then look carefully at everything in the background. There's more history behind the row of cars than the cars themselves.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-20-2020 at 12:52 PM..