View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Here is my personal opinion, having engaged in this discussion for many years. The TKO600's shifting problems are directly related to how careful you are dialing in the bell housing. It took the better part of the day to get my Lakewood (known for being a real PITA to dial in on an FE) dialed in as close to perfect as possible and it has shifted beautifully for 15 years. I have driven other TKO600 cars where that was not the case. I can 2-3 shift at high RPMs with no problems whatsoever. With other TKO600s, that's not the case. Now, is it possible that there's a quality control issue at Tremec that accounts for all the differences? Maybe. But I'm still betting on the bell housing alignment. Fortunately, I'm told the QuickTime BH is way easier to dial in than the old Lakewood. Anyway, that's my two cents and I'm stickin' to it.
Thank you for your reply, Yes I am also being told the QT bell housing mated to the new version to the shelby block may not need adjustments at all... but I will check... ty