View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
A 347 does not have the torque curve of a diesel truck.
LOL.

Quote:
My guess is the smoothing that is turned on has all but removed any curve shape.
That makes sense. What does the smoothing setting of "5" mean? I assumed it meant 5 ft. lbs, but I think you're suggesting it's smoothing more than 5 ft. lbs.

Quote:
You would have had a better chance of a flat torque curve if the engine had not been high strung. The trend that we see is that when hp peaks are at higher rpms and hp reads higher than torque, the torque peak is high as well and the curve is peakier as well.

By your graph, it reads that at any rpm, your torque is essentially 340 lbft. It just doesn’t happen like that. It’s also not logical that your hp peak was at around 6200 and your torque peak was at 3000.
Can we at least agree that it's a decent looking graph in general? Don't rain on my parade!

Seriously though, what I can say, is that based on how the car feels and drives, this chart did not shock me. Again, I'm no expert and am only going by my butt dyno (which has been in a lot of seats over the last 5 decades). But it does pull like a diesel at any RPM and it SCREAMS up top. It feels like it would pull forever if it not for the rev limiter.

EDIT: I found this on smoothing

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hing-mean.html

Looks like as much as 8hp swing per this thread. But it won't change the charted line, just smooth out the peaks and valleys.

SOLD Replaced by something with a Flat-6

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 10-26-2020 at 07:21 AM..