View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 11:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue69 View Post
It sounds like a TPS or MAP sensor issue. Maybe even a pedal positions sensor considering there's no direct connection between your foot and the TB these days...

It's a 2019 so is it still under warranty?

I'd let F/L/M deal with it!
It's brand new with no modifications. I never popped the hood since I bought it. I will be taking it to the dealer Wednesday, but I want to be prepared to explain both what it is doing and my suspicions.

I have issues with it on a cold start. When I pull out on my street, it will act like it doesn't have power. Push harder on the throttle and it will suddenly jump out from under you with a sudden massive power surge. I can hold the throttle just off idle, with my foot against the transmission tunnel to make sure I am not moving my foot, and it will slowly pick up speed and then jump out from under you, as if you moved the accelerator pedal.

So Friday I was waiting in the hospital parking lot while my son was have a medical procedure. Half hour procedure, but they didn't start until 3.5 hr after I dropped him off. Anyway I was listening to the radio, which requires touch screens and who know what to be powered up. After 3 hr I decided to start the engine and hold it about 1500 rpm to charge the battery back up. That's when I discovered the what I wrote in the first post of this thread..