View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

I hear what you are saying, Bobby. For myself alone, I can navigate to a URL wherever. I think there is a need for newcomers to be able to find the DFW CC somehow via a search engine, or maybe just a banner page on FB.

That said, with all the group features that FB provides, it will be hard to get people to wean off of it. Since, like you, so many of them use it for many other social reasons.

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcobra15 View Post
I absolutely had a despise FB as well. Especially since I "have" to use it after being on for over 10 years - staying in contact with family across the world, high school friends, live bands, car club events, and on and on and on. I really wish there was an alternate.

For our DFW Cobra group, We should pick one platform and stick to it. Many people are dropping off FB, some already have. The Houston group was using Yahoo Groups for years, but that platform is now gone, and they are migrating to our own forum, https://texascobraclub.proboards.com/ - which was created when ClubCobra went down for a week or so. That would be my pick.
Exes: ERA #745, CAVGT #180, Kirkham KMP0268, SPF GT40P2306, '05 Ford GT #1605, Exact 008, Kirkham KMP0928