View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default new cobra coming

In 1964 I received an Aurora Thunderjet HO slot car track from "Santa." One of the cars that came with the track was Shelby Cobra. I was eight years old and I was hooked. I began journey going from one muscle car to the next, added in a few sports cars and even a 2012 GT350 from Shelby American. But, I still wanted a Cobra. Real ones are out of reach and I have to be able to drive it and enjoy it. Kids are raised, just time for me and my wife. I looked around for many years. Finally ordered a Backdraft. I wanted a mix of classic and performance. Love the way Backdraft has taken a great car and improved (IMHO) it. It's due to arrive in this country end of December then up to Jay and Brian at Revelocity/Vintage and have them complete my build. Should see it sometime spring 2021.

I'm going with more of the traditional roadster look, black no stripes, Black diamond interior/red stitching, exhaust out the back, but I still want to be able to play so going with 335 rear tires and a VMS 427 with 8 stack injection.

It may not be a "real cobra" but i've been dreaming of this for over 55 years and it will be MY cobra.

Kevin

Last edited by kdc438; 11-21-2020 at 06:46 PM..