View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 PM
Michael C Henry Michael C Henry is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: TACOMA, WA
Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Posts: 1,891
Not Ranked     
Default

For now it seemed to work. I discovered that the later layer of the glue did not completely fuse with older cured layer. of glue. It could be separated with some effort. Just as well as I had added too much on the second and third layers were removed. The Gorilla Clear Glue dries to form a somewhat hard but rubbery layer. it does not scrape or sand worth a crap but it can be cut with a razor blade. I went back and added a small quantity of glue centered on the first, let it start to dry with a skin and then forced the emblem upon the soft mass, forming a slight mound that fits the curvature of the back of the emblem and let it cure. The horn button center was left with a mostly flat 1 1/2" shallow recess with a slight bulge in the center that fit the convex back of the 1 3/8" OD round "Scott Drake" Cobra emblem - insert. The Emblem has a layer of contact adhesive with a peel off 3M tape cover on the back. After the glue was set up i removed the emblem as the non stick peel off material was no fused to the glue. I peeled the non stick 3M layer off the emblem exposing the contact adhesive. I centered the emblem and applied with pressure. It looks like a factory original.
__________________
Mike H

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 11-21-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote