View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey 65 View Post
I honestly do not understand why people that do NOT have a Backdraft and know nothing about a Backdraft post in a Backdraft thread.

It is no different than if I had a Mustang and went on a Corvette forum and started giving advice on the best suspension setup. Or a guy in a SBF engine thread asks for a good starting point to set his timing and a guy with a Porsche Boxster engine says my timing is set to this. How does that help? .

Because your Factory 5, ERA, SPF, CSX..etc..etc. looks like a Backdraft doesn't mean a thing.

If you have a BMW E36 you know more about how to setup a Backdraft than any other Cobra owner than a Backdraft Cobra owner.. And even then the weight dist in a BMW E36 is fwd bias and not rear bias.

New Backdraft owners read a post from some guy posting in a Backdraft thread that has 2 billion posts and think that that person knows their stuff. Well that person has a solid axle FF5 and he is giving advice on a car he knows absolutely NOTHING about.
There are no doubt elements unique to setting up suspension on a Backdraft or E36 that don't apply to other Cobra replicas. Fair point.

Regardless, there are also many variables involved in setting up a car that are independent of the specific suspension - and which are common regardless of make, model or serial number. It is in this arena where I believe most comments have been directed.

CC is no different than any other forum or social media site - you need to 'sort the wheat from the chaff' when choosing to accept or use any advice given. Stated another way: You usually get what you pay for.