View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I have my own Cobra story. I had a 56 AC Bristol that i bought in California in December of 71. It was a painted car but not really complete. I was on my way home from Vietnam. I new about Cobras before I got drafted. I had seen the nose of an Original in Hollywood sticking out over a r5etaining wall at a used car lot across the street from the Play Boy club. It would have probably the been the best $6500 I would ever spent. But I did not have that much saved. My uncle found an add for a 56 Cobra so we went to look. I bought the car, left it with my uncle in LaHabra and returned to IOWA. I went back to California and drove the Bristol to Des Moines Iowa summer of 72. It had a soft top. I had not needed to use the soft top while in California but did need it on the way home and drove for a while in the rain before stopping at a truck weigh station. The soft made everything work for me as that car became an everyday driver once back in IOWA. Then I married and moved everything to Washington Soft top was on all winter. Could not have done it with out the soft top. I sold the 56 Bristol to Joe Campanolli and he still has it today.
I bought a 84 Everett-Morrison replica of a 65 427 SC at Hot August Nights in Reno in 1999. It did not have a soft top so I ordered a soft top and side curtain kits from EM while they were in Florida. The Original builder "Tim King" in Reno had laid the windshield back for aero effect. I put it off until last year and ended up having the windshield raised to the correct angle. The wind shield was at the correct angle but was 1 1/2" forward of original placement. Then the Original EM top was now too short and the Roll bar was another problem. The Shop I used took my car to Convertibles Only In Seattle. They made a great soft top that fit the further forward windshield and the higher roll bar. They were more expensive than I had originally planned. And that did not include the new side curtains I now need. I did connect with EM (now in Texas) by phone through a fluke because of the Covid closure. I just happened to catch someone in the office to purchase a set on their SS ferrules. EM was great. If is said SS, it was SS. I now have an unused EM soft top and may soon have a set of side curtains for sell