View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival
Not Ranked     

Hi Richard, I am chipping away at my Cobra, also 2 steps forward, one step back. I am doing most of the work myself, including body and paint. I really enjoy the fabrication side of the build and am just about to finish the stainless drop tank (I’m going to run on e85 but have fitted a flex fuel sensor)I have made all of the fuel lines in braided stainless with an fittings, made the brake lines, made the dash and fitted the gauges, made a glove box and lid, fitted all the chrome work and windscreen. Made under dash mountings for the ecu,fuse panel and relays. Mounted the radiator with brackets I’ve made. Have made a fan shroud. (I bought a sheet metal brake and went nuts) All the suspension and brakes are done - I fitted the full ap racing calipers and big discs off an R8 commodore. I ordered yesterday the afm delete with a new cam etc from America. I made my own extractors. The bodywork is about 90% done, but has taken a lot longer than anticipated due to the poor figment and alignment of the body I received. I’m looking forward to doing the wiring. Sideshow has my loom and ecu which should be done any day now. I will put some pictures up soon. It’s exciting for you to get your car painted, the real fun (IMO) begins when you can start reassembly with all the shiny bits. ��