View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 12:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

My replica is an old replica. I can't get in and out as well as I once did. I figured that a removable steering wheel is a solution. My cars builder used a 62-76 Triumph steering wheel and column. The column has the turn signal and head lamp dimmer switches built in to the column. The Triumph steering wheel started as a flat 14 1/2" , three chromed spoked . The three spokes land on the black plastic splined hub forming an almost even seven bolt pattern. I have decided to buy an IDIDIT Quick Release Steering Hub, replacing my Triumph hub and steering wheel. IDIDIT offers a six bolt pattern. QRSH and that is my direction. The steering wheel I have chosen is a 15" OD riveted wood flat 9 bolt steering wheel from Flash Power. The three spokes are polished aluminum with slots. I also bought their polished 1/2" thick converter to bolt the 9 bolt steering wheel to a 5 or 6 bolt pattern for my QRSH, and their horn button kit. Their flat 15 "OD steering wheel has 18 rivets and grip notches on the back side. I bought their 9 bolt horn button kit and it fit great. I managed to adapt a Scott Drake Cobra 1 3/8" OD emblem to the steering wheel horn button center. It looks great and I think it will be admired and should make getting in and out better.