View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by okkarner View Post
I recently acquired a completed 289 birdcage, leafspring, small block chassis that looks identical to the one pictured above from Hi Tech except it includes the door frames as well. I am currently trying to decide if I want to start assembly of my dream cobra using this chassis or sell it and just order a FFR kit. Especially since my preference would be a 427 car, not a 289 car. And this being my first build, not sure I want to go down the road of sourcing all of the parts to make this work versus just buying a complete kit. I have been wondering on a price for aluminum bodies as well, which is why this thread caught my attention.

My question is how much would a completed chassis like this be worth?
Man I need to say , I can see this is your first post. If you have a birdcage Hi-tech frame and considering getting an aluminum body and trying to source all the parts your self vs. getting a FFR kit? this is apples vs oranges. A hi-tech chassis with an aluminum body is a top of the line car... I suggest you chat with cobra kiwi he is on club cobra here , he is a master fabricator and has done lots of what you are describing here... It largely depends on your time frame , mechanical abilities or size of your wallet or lack thereof. a FFR vs an aluminum Hi-tech car? not even close... not saying bad about FFR but again not even close...